This is an analysis of the poem Will that begins with:
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate,
Can circumvent or hinder or control ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaccadaXdbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011110011 1101110101 0101000101 1111000101 1111010111 1100110101 0011010001 11001010101 1111111001 1011010100 01110101010 1101010101 0111110111 11110011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 610
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Will;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.