This is an analysis of the poem Why The Spring Is Late that begins with:
To Miss Eva Russell.
The spring time is deaf to our pleading,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXcadXd cXbefede Xcgcdcfcgdgd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010 0011010110 01111110 0111111000 11111101 111010010 011001101 111111010 01101011 011111011 0100110110 111010110 11011011 110111110 01111011 110111111 01111001 011110110 01001101 010110010 01111001 110010111 11011001 110110010 1110001101 111110010 01101011 110110010 11101011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 343
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why The Spring Is Late;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.