This is an analysis of the poem Wanted--A Little Girl that begins with:
Where have they gone to-the little girls
With natural manners and natural curls;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbXa cccc ddee aXee eebbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111100101 01001011001 111101111 110100101 1011001011 010101101 101111011 1101100101 101111111 1101011001 100100101 111111001 100100101 1110101101 110101111 11110001001 111110010011 1100101101 1011011001 10100101 11110011 1001011001 1110100101 0101110101 01100111101 11101001110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 176
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, old, of, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
The author used the same word little at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wanted--A Little Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.