This is an analysis of the poem Until The Night that begins with:
Over the ocean of life’s commotion
We sail till the night comes on.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbcaa Xbdedebb Xbfafabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001001010 1110111 11100101 100100101 110100101 11010111 101101101 1011110111 1001101111 1100101 10010111 10011111 10111101 101011111 1110100101 1111001001 1001001010 100111 11110100101 0100100111 010010111 0100100100 1100110111 1100100111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 302
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; sail, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word over at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Until The Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.