This is an analysis of the poem Two Sunsets that begins with:
In the fair morning of his life,
When his pure heart lay in his breast, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cddc beeb fddg eXXe hiih ecce jddj cXXc djjd fffg edde gffg kffkXdggd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00110001 10111001 10011101 01000111 111101010 11011111 01010111 110111010 11111101 10011111 10110111 01110001 11001111 11110001 11010101 11100101 11110101 01010111 11110101 11010111 10010111 10010111 11110101 01001101 11110111 0100110010 110101010 11000101 10110101 01000101 11011101 11110101 110101110 01011001 11111011 111101110 01110101 11010001 00111101 1110111 11000111 11101101 10110101 01110101 11011111 11111111 11101101 11000101 11010011 01001101 01010101 11100101 110011011 110010101 11111101 11110011 111100111 11010111 01011111 110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and, dull, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, a are repeated.
The author used the same words and, o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Sunsets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.