This is an analysis of the poem Transformation that begins with:
She waited in a rose-hued room;
A wanton-hearted creature she, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddc effe gaag fggf hbbh fgXf iddi XggX dggdXcddf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000111 01010101 11001101 11110101 01110111 110010101 11011101 01010101 01010101 101010101 11010111 11110011 01111101 1100111 11011101 11100101 01010001 11010101 01010101 11010111 11010101 01010101 110001001 11010101 01010011 110111110 01000100 0101001 0111010010 01110101 01010101 110101010 11100101 11010111 010011101 11010111 11100111 01010111 10010111 11110101 11010111 11110101 01011100 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, she, the, her are repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Transformation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.