This is an analysis of the poem The Truth Teller that begins with:
The Truth Teller lifts the curtain,
And shows us the people's plight;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefcgcg chchicic Xcacacccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 1110101 11011010 1101111 11001010 1110101 1011010110 10101001 111010010 1101001 01011010 0100101 11101010 11100111 1111010010 1110101 11011010 11101001 110110110 0110111 11011110 111101111 111110010 01011001 00101010 01001011 101101110 1100101 1111110010 11101101 111111010 11001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Truth Teller;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.