This is an analysis of the poem The Story Of Grumble Tone that begins with:
There was a boy named Grumble Tone, who ran away to sea.
'I'm sick of things on land,' he said, 'as sick as I can be,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbb cccaaa dddccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11011101110101 11011111111110 01010101010111 101010101010101 110110101010101 111011111010101 11000101111101 11011111110101 11110111110101 11011101110111 11110101110101 011101001111101 11010101011111 11110111110111 11010111010111 010111111000101 11110111111001 111010100110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 364
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, and, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Story Of Grumble Tone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.