This is an analysis of the poem The Song Of The Allies that begins with:
We are the Allies of God to-day,
And the width of the earth is our right of way.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aaaabbcc ddeeffgg aahhbbAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110100101 10100101101 111101111 1110100111 111101111 1110101111 11011011011 1100100101 1101011001 11101101101 101100111 1110100111 10111011011 101001100001 1101001001 111100101 110101111 11001011001 1110100101 110101111 1101101111 110101101 110100101 110101111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 315
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, we, and, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song Of The Allies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.