This is an analysis of the poem The Coming Man that begins with:
Oh, not for the great departed,
Who formed our country's laws,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcbc dcdcefgf ahahhded gigidaca bdbdXcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 111101 11101010 110101 11111010 011101 11110101 110100 11001110 010101 01101110 110111 0101110 110101 011010101 0110101 0101010 0101010 11111010 11101010 111001110 0101001 11110111 110101 11101010 010101 11111010 111111 101101010 1011101 1101110101 0101001 1111010 0110101 11010010 1100101 101011011 1010101 01010011 0011100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; man, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, shall are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Coming Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.