This is an analysis of the poem The Christian’s New Year Prayer that begins with:
Thou Christ of mine, Thy gracious ear low bending
Through these glad New Year days, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefgege bgbgcgcghdhd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101110 111111 010101010010 111111 11011111110 110011 1101110010110 110101 1011101011 010101 01111101011 100101 0010111010 110101 11110111010 110011 01111111010 010111 11010100010 010101 11110110110 101101 11010101010 011111 11011111010 011011 11011111010 000101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 358
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or, me, it are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Christian’s New Year Prayer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.