This is an analysis of the poem The Boys' And Girls' Thanksgiving Of 1892 that begins with:
Never since the race was started,
Had a boy in any clime,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bcbc bdbd efef eded gaga ffff bdXd bhbh baba ididXfcfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101110 1010101 10011010 1010011 10101110 1011101 11101110 1011101 11011010 1010111 11101010 0010101 10101010 1010101 11101010 1010101 11101010 1011111 100101010 111001 11101010 1110111 01111010 1110101 00101010 1010101 11101010 1010111 10111110 1010101 11111110 1010101 10111110 1010101 11101010 1011101 01101010 0110111 11101110 1010111 10101110 1110111 11101010 1011101 11101010 1010111 10111010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word if is repeated.
The author used the same word once at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Boys' And Girls' Thanksgiving Of 1892;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.