This is an analysis of the poem Thanksgiving that begins with:
We walk on starry fields of white
And do not see the daisies; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacdc efefeaba dcdc Xgbg bhbhXiXi gfbfXgXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,4,4,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 1111010 11010011 1101010 11110101 0111010 11011101 0101110 11111111 0111110 11011101 1101010 110101001 1111010 11010111 1100110 11010101 1111010 11011101 0101110 11011111 1111011 11011101 1101111 110010101 0101010 1000111 1101010 11110111 0101110 11010111 01010010 11010101 0101110 010110101 0101110 11011111 11111101 11011001 0111010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thanksgiving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.