This is an analysis of the poem Platonic that begins with:
I knew it the first of the summer,
I knew it the same at the end, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcded fghgijij eghgklfl agfgfkkk bckccmXmmgcg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010 11001101 11111010 111011 1110011 111101 01001010 0111101 11101010 100111 111010010 10100101 11101001 0110101 1111100010 1101111 01001010 11111001 11011010 011101 01001010 110011 11111110 011101 11111110 11111101 111110010 1001101 11010010 101111 11001010 1111101 111011110 111101 1010010010 1110111 111110011 1111101 1101010 110101 101001011 10100101 101001010 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 292
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, i, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, couldn, and, for are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Platonic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.