This is an analysis of the poem Pain's Proof that begins with:
I think men's great capacity for pain
Proves his immortal birthright. I am sure... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef agag
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010011 1001011111 1101011101 0101010101 1101010111 1101010001 1001110101 0101110111 0101110101 01010100110 11111011001 01011101010 0111110101 1111110101 0101110101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pain's Proof;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.