This is an analysis of the poem New Year (II) that begins with:
As the old year sinks down in Time's ocean,
Stand ready to launch with the new,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefabab dgdgebebXdbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110110 11001001 111011010 101101101 110110110 11001011 111011010 11111101 1010010010 101011101 1110011110 01011101 111010010 11111101 110110110 11011001 110110010 11011011 011111010 11111011 110110010 11111001 110110010 11101001 110010010 11011001 1011111010 001001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of New Year (II);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.