This is an analysis of the poem Master And Servant that begins with:
The devil to Bacchus said, one day,
In a scowling, growling, petulant way,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbdefegghhiXjghhg XgagfefecejXeekkiiliXaeXhmXmXX lfbXadmdgjaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,30,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010111 0010101001 1110101 10010111101 1110111 1010101101 0100101 1111100101 11100101 0101011010 001101010 11101111101 1110101 1110100101 111110 1010111011 1101001 10101100101 100101001 100101 101111110 0101001 110111111 0101111 10101111 111011 110111111 1100111 010011111 0101101 111011111 00111010 010010101 010010001 11100101001 1100100101 11110101 1101001 110110101 1011001 1010111111 00111101 111100101 110101 10101010101 1101111 111110100 1110111 1110111110 1100101101 10111001001 000101 10101111101 0011101 110111111 101111 100100101 101101 11011111 11001110 11111101101 1100110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 749
- Average number of words per stanza: 149
- Amount of lines: 64
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, a, 'drink are repeated.
The author used the same word bacchus at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Master And Servant;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.