This is an analysis of the poem Love Is Enough that begins with:
Love is enough. Let us not ask for gold.
Wealth breeds false aims, and pride and selfishness; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccD ececbbD fcfcccD ghghccD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001111111 1111111100 01011100101 1111010111 01111101001 1101111101 1001 1001111111 0100010101 0110010001 1001010111 1111000101 1100110101 1001 10011111110 0111010101 01110101110 1101010001 01011100100 1101111001 1001 1001111111 11011110001 1101011101 1111111101 1111110111 1101110101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 283
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, love are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words love, what are repeated.
The author used the same word love at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word enough at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Is Enough;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.