This is an analysis of the poem I Will Be Worthy Of It that begins with:
I may not reach the heights I seek, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcddA eXeXccAXacaceeA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0 11110111 1011111 11110101 1101011 11111101 011010111 1001000 11110001 0111011 11110111 0100110 11111101 01111101 1001000 01010011 1101111 11111111 1101011 11110111 11010100 1001000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Will Be Worthy Of It;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Analysis of An Old Man To His Sleeping Young Bride
- Analysis of Answered Prayers
- Analysis of All Roads That Lead To God Are Good