This is an analysis of the poem Haunted that begins with:
What are these nameless mysteries,
These subtleties of life and death,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc ddddee fgfgdd ehehii gjgjee eieikk ldldbb heheXi Xkkkkee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110100 11000111 11011101 01111101 01010101 11010101 010011101 11110101 11110101 11111111 11010111 01011101 01011101 11100101 11110101 11011111 11111101 01011111 11010101 10111101 11100101 11100101 11110101 10110011 11111101 11111111 11110101 10011111 01010001 11000101 11111111 11011011 11110001 11111101 11010101 11111101 11010111 11111101 11010101 11110111 11010101 11010111 11011101 11111111 11110101 11011111 111101100 11111001 11011111 11111111 11010011 11010101 01010001 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, his, to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Haunted;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.