This is an analysis of the poem Are You Loving Enough? that begins with:
Are you loving enough? There is some one dear,
Some one you hold as the dearest of all ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabcbbaa ddeddeaafff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110111 1111101001 001001011 111001001001 001110111 11001101 101110111 111111001 101111101 0100111 1110010101 11011011001 1111001 001110111 0100100101 1100111 10111001001 110100101 1011101101 111100111 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 412
- Average number of words per stanza: 80
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, of, long are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word are at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Are You Loving Enough?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.