This is an analysis of the poem Ambition's Trail that begins with:
If all the end of this continuous striving
Were simply to attain, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXab acaac dcdXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 010100010010 010001 11110101100 01010101010 010111 11000101010 110101 11010011010 111100110010 011111 11010101010 011101 010101001010 01110111111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ambition's Trail;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.