This is an analysis of the poem A Waltz-Quadrille that begins with:
The band was playing a waltz-quadrille,
I felt as light as a wind-blown feather, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabaccdeed bfXfaaXccd baXaccdaad baXaaadggd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011100110 1111101110 11100110100 10100101010 1101011010 1001011010 1101101 111100101 110101101 11101001 010111101 0101111010 1110101110 101101010 1101111010 110010110110 110011 11001011010 110010010110 1101001 1101111111 0111011110 1011100110 11010001110 1101011110 1101011110 10100101 1111001010 111111110 111101 0100110111 1010011010010 011101110 1101101010 1101101110 111011111010 1110101 10111101010 101011101110 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 409
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and, on, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words then, oh are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word away at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Waltz-Quadrille;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.