This is an analysis of the poem A Meeting that begins with:
Quite carelessly I turned the newsy sheet;
A song I sang, full many a year ago,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdebebefefbgbghdhd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1100110101 01111100101 1111100101 1111111101 1101110101 0101001101 10001010101 1101110111 1101011101 1111011101 1111110101 0101100101 1001001101 1111111011 1101110101 1011010111 1111010111 011101011 1101010101 0101100101 01001110101 1101011101 1111011111 1111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1032
- Average number of words per stanza: 203
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Meeting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.