This is an analysis of the poem The Angel Joy that begins with:
Oh, was it a death-dream not dreamed through,
That eyed her like a foe?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXa bacX Xdcd XaXa bXef bXbX efXf Xccbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011111 110101 11001011001 110001 111011111 1111111 1111101011 1111011 101001110110 10100111 111101111 0110101 111111001 10100101 010010101 1110101 111100111 1110101 11010101 111101 111001001011 11101010 11111111 110111 111110111 1010101 11011100 000101 11000101 1111101 01010001 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', her are repeated.
The author used the same word 'i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Angel Joy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.