This is an analysis of the poem Congratulation that begins with:
You told the story of your love;
I heard as one who did not hear;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb defe egXg afbf hgig fjgj gkXk gXgl mlal dnhn dlcl kgmg Xegig
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010011 11111011 010100101 10110001 01010111 01010111 01011101 01010001 111011101 11110111 10110100 11011101 01001101 11110101 10110101 01010111 01010101 01010101 11010111 01110111 111111101 01111101 01110101 10101011 11010111 01000111 110101110 00011111 11010111 11011100 11010111 11010100 11111101 11111110 11100101 01111101 11110101 01010101 11110011 11111101 11111101 11000101 11010111 10010100 10001111 10011101 01010101 01010101 00110101 01110111 11010101 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 64
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Congratulation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.