This is an analysis of the poem Absent! that begins with:
You do not lift your eyes to watch
Us pass the conscious door;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXccc ccdcbccc befeafgf hhihXjaj hiXidkdk clcllgXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 110101 11011001 111101 11011101 011111 11011111 0111001 11000111 110111 11010101 110111 11011111 110101 11100101 1001101 01011011 010101 11110101 110111 11101101 010101 11110101 011111 11011101 110101 01010001 010111 11011100 111100 11001101 111100 11111101 010001 11010101 010001 01110101 101111 10010101 010101 11011101 01001010 11011101 0001010 10011110 111110 10111101 001001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, as, and, our, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words no, our, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Absent!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.