This is an analysis of the poem A Bonus that begins with:
That day i finished
A small piece...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb cXaX aXccccdca XXXababXcdXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 011 1101101 110001 11010010 1101 111101001 10110011 11101101 11101011 1110010 1110010 001101 1101010 1010110010 111 101111 011111 101001101 0011100 1101 1110010100 1111100 0110011101 10101000100 1111 101001 11 10110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it, done are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Bonus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.