This is an analysis of the poem The Fathers that begins with:
Traditionally, the same actor plays Captain Hook
and Mr. Darling....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX XbXXXXbabaX XXXcXbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,11,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100001101101 11010 0101010111 1001001110 10010010101 111001010 01111101001 0111011010 1011010110 1100010111010 01110111010 1100101010 11001011110 100100011100100 110111101 11110110 1010101101 1100110100 101110101 0111100111 11010010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 433
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fathers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.