This is an analysis of the poem You Should At Times Go Out that begins with:
You should at times go out
from where the faithful kneel,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeae XfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 010101 100101 111011 111111 010111 110111 101111 111111 111101 100111 100111 110100 110101 110101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Should At Times Go Out;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Elizabeth Daryush
- Analysis of Children Of Wealth In Your Warm Nursery
- Analysis of Still-Life
- Analysis of Unknown Warrior