This is an analysis of the poem Invitation To Miss Marianne Moore that begins with:
From Brooklyn, over the Brooklyn Bridge, on this fine morning,
please come flying....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAbAbcda ebdabbXaa fgeagA ebAXaa XbXbfXA XbgXbbAaaXbA bfbaAXcgbaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,6,6,7,12,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010010110110 1110 00101001100 1110 0010100100111 0101001001 1001001101010 11110 10101111001 1100100010101 1011011110010 1011010010 101010010 011100100101 01010100101 011100100110 1110 1001010111 10010011 00110001011111 010111010110 10111011 1110 1001000100100 0110011110 1110 111101001010 01010100110 11110 100101001010 01010001001010 01011010011 111010011001 1101000100 0110001011011 1110 1101010001 11001101 110010010101 1010010110 1001110101 1000101 1110 11111111110 111010100101 00101010000 111100111 1110 01000100010 100110011 0101100111 11010010 1110 11010011001 1101110 0011000101 01010010110110 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 58
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, come are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, with, come are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines flying is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word flying at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase please connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Invitation To Miss Marianne Moore;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.