This is an analysis of the poem The Gloomy Day that begins with:
THE sun in mists his glory shrouds,
The fields delight no more;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXacacdadaebebbabafgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 010111 01010101 0111010 10010001 110101 01110101 011101 11010101 110101 011101001 110101 01010111 010101 0101001 0111001 100100111 111101 01110111 1111001 11110101 1011111 11010101 10101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 776
- Average number of words per stanza: 134
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gloomy Day;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.