This is an analysis of the poem Xv that begins with:
Accuse me not, beseech thee, that I wear
Too calm and sad a face in front of thine;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdcXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111011111 1111010101 1111111101 0011111111 1111001101 1101100101 11011110101 10111100101 01010010011 0111111111 0100110101 10010001100 1111110001 1001000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 572
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Xv;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.