This is an analysis of the poem The Autumn that begins with:
Go, sit upon the lofty hill,
And turn your eyes around,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbcdXd cbXbbaea fdXdagag eXhhfbebXeacabdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 111101 11011101 111101 01010110 0101001 11110101 011101 11110101 110011 11110111 0101001 10111101 110101 110011101 110101 11110101 111101 11010100 110101 11111111 110001 11011111 110111 01011111 1101010 01011111 111111 11110101 110111 11111101 010101 11011101 1110111 001010100 010101 11011101 111101 110101011 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 281
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; us, that, come are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, come are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.