This is an analysis of the poem Perplexed Music that begins with:
EXPERIENCE, like a pale musician, holds
A dulcimer of patience in his hand,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXXXcXdcaXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01001010101 0100010001 1100110101 0100010101 010110101 1111111100 1101100100 01000010101 11011010101 11010011111 1101000101 1111011111 0100010100 110101110 1
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 580
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Perplexed Music;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Analysis of Ii
- Analysis of Sonnet 40 - Oh, Yes! They Love Through All This World Of Ours!
- Analysis of Sonnet 13 - And Wilt Thou Have Me Fashion Into Speech