This is an analysis of the poem The Quiet Eye that begins with:
THE ORB I like is not the one
That dazzles with its lightning gleam; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd XeXedddd fXfXgdgd ehehdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01110101 11000101 11010101 11010101 11110111 010110111 11111101 11000101 111000101 11011001 11011110 11011101 01010101 11111111 11011101 11010101 111000101 01011101 11110001 01110110 010101001 11010101 11011111 010000101 111000101 11000101 11111101 11010101 11011101 11010101 11110101 10110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 297
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; may is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words that, some are repeated.
The author used the same word there at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word eye at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Quiet Eye;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.