This is an analysis of the poem The Banner Of Union that begins with:
Bring the Harp of the West, and the Pipes of the North,
When our Trumpet note calls to the field;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab BCAC bXXbdedeXBCAC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001101001 111011001 101011011011 111011111 111001011011 0001011110 11011101011 111110110 11001011001 1011110110 01101101001 11111011 101011001 0111111110 10110011111 110010110 111001011011 0001011110 11011101011 111110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 220
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, your are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Banner Of Union;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.