This is an analysis of the poem Mere de Douleur that begins with:
October 9th 1858. SPRING PARK.
Neath a picture of the blessed... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXb cdXd efgf ghXh iaaa hjij afXf gfgf XgeiXfici
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011011 1010001 1010101 00101010 1001101 11101010 0010001 001001010 1110101 10101011 1010101 11110010 1010101 10001010 1010101 10111010 00101001 01101010 1010101 10101011 0010101 11101110 1011101 101101010 1110101 10111010 1010111 10111010 0010101 10111010 1110101 10100010 10100101 11101010 1110101 10001011 1110111 10101111 0110101 10101010 1001101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same words sits, never at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mere de Douleur;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.