This is an analysis of the poem Velvet Shoes that begins with:
Let us walk in the white snow
In a soundless space; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababb cdcdd ebebfXfafaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011 00101 0111011 10101 101011 111101 1101 11111 1100 101001 1111011 00101 1110111 01101 011011 1110101 01011 100111 111001 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; white, upon are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word upon is repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Velvet Shoes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.