This is an analysis of the poem Nocturne that begins with:
The corncrake's song rings in my ears,
above the rye a full moon sails;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbccddbebeffgghh X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010011011 01010111 01011101 11010101 11111111 01010111 01011111 01010101 010010101 01111101 11111101 11111101 11010111 01011111 111101110 111001010 01111001 11011101 01011101 01000011 0101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 382
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nocturne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.