This is an analysis of the poem Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried that begins with:
You may talk about the knowledge
Which our farmers' girls have gained...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacacA bdedbaeA XXbfgXfA XbgbXabA ecXcXaXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 1110111 0101111 1110111 11110111 110111 00111010 1011101 11011101 110101 11111111 100101 01110101 1111101 11110101 1011101 100110 11010 1011101 010011 111010001 111101 11110111 1011101 11110101 011101 11110101 111101 1011010 100101 011111101 11011101 10111110 110101 110011001 1010101 101100101 101101 10101110 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word fried at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Effie Waller Smith
- Analysis of After Reading The Song Of Hiawatha
- Analysis of Preparation
- Analysis of The Preacher's Wife