This is an analysis of the poem Abraham that begins with:
The rivulet-loving wanderer Abraham
Through waterless wastes tracing his fields of pasture...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcdbeeddXXdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010100101 110011001010 1010111001 0001001010010 1111111101 1110110111 1000111010010 110110111001 10110111110 1101111101 011101 10110101001 111111111010 1110110011 0101111101 100101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 730
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Abraham;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.