This is an analysis of the poem The First Men On Mercury that begins with:
– We come in peace from the third planet.
Would you take us to your leader?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab X XcXX X adaXeXf X aXb XX XcX XX XX Xg X gdg X aeh XXfh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,1,4,1,7,1,3,2,3,2,2,2,1,3,1,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100110 11110110 11011100 000101010 0010100101 111111111 11101001 1101100000 11100111 01111101 110101101 011011111 10100011 110111111 11 111001010 110100110 11111110 11100110 111100 100110100100 1101001111 1101101101 010011100 11001100010 111001100 10110001100 10100011000 111110001 11100111001 110001001001 100111101 100011111 10010111 11100 111110110 110111111 110 100011 0111001001 1001010100
- Amount of stanzas: 18
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 84
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; bawr, and, we, yuleeda are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The First Men On Mercury;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.