This is an analysis of the poem Twilight Song that begins with:
Through the shine, through the rain
We have shared the day’s load; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbAbBaBacACA DedebbbbfdfD gbgbfefebgbg AhAhBeBecACA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101 111011 001101 111011 111111 111011 111111 111011 101011 101101 101101 101101 101101 101001 111101 101101 001111 101111 101101 101101 111101 111101 101101 101101 101111 101101 111111 111011 111101 101111 111101 101101 101101 111011 111101 101111 101101 111011 001101 111011 111111 111011 111111 111011 111011 101101 101101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 359
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, have are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Twilight Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.