This is an analysis of the poem The False Gods that begins with:
“We are false and evanescent, and aware of our deceit,
From the straw that is our vitals to the clay that is our feet. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba ccXc dded bbXb ffcf ggbg hheh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110101010101 001101100011011 1111011111111010 10110101011101 111111101111111 111111101111111 1111101000101010 11110100110111 011000110011101 111011101010110 1111111110101010 10111101111101 1111101110000011 011100101010111 11011010111001000 11110100010011 10011100011101 1011000101010001 1010111010101110 10110101010101 111011100110101 111010111010001 1011111110111010 110111100111111 110110111101101 101010111110111 0110101011101010 10110111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, and, our, we, that, may, to, us are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The False Gods;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.