This is an analysis of the poem The Joy If Church Fellowship Rightly Attended that begins with:
In heaven soaring up, I dropped an ear
On earth: and Oh, sweet melody:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbCD XedecD dbdaCD bfbfcD gXgXcD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011111 11111100 11001010110 011101111 10111101 11010101 11011000101 0111001 01110100101 10010111 10111101 11010101 1001111111 11010101 11000101001 10100100 10111101 11010101 0111101101 11011101 1011011101 01110111 10111101 11010101 1110111111 11010111 1100011111 011101100 10011101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word therein at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Joy If Church Fellowship Rightly Attended;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.