This is an analysis of the poem Head of a White Woman Winking that begins with:
She has one good bumblebee
which she leads about town... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbcXXdXcbXbXbddab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 111011 101010 01110101 11001010 1010101101 1101010100 11010100 11011101101 1100100 0010111 00101 1010100010 0010101010 0100010 10101 01010011 101010 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 560
- Average number of words per stanza: 97
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Head of a White Woman Winking;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Edward Taylor
- Analysis of Happy As The Day Is Long
- Analysis of The Wrong Way Home
- Analysis of Preparatory Meditations - Second Series: 7