This is an analysis of the poem The Golden Gate that begins with:
The air is chill, and the day grows late,
And the clouds come in through the Golden Gate:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAbbccbbbddecffgghh aaggbbbbiihhhhjjXAAjjjeeggiibbaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,32,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010110111 1011010101 1011101 0010011001 110011101 10001100101 11010101 111100101 100100101 101010001 10011101 110010101 101010101 1100101101 01110101 110011101 010000101 11011111 01010111 11111111 111110101 1100101010 1101001110 11100101 1101001001 1101101111 11010111 1110101010 100111010 1011111 010110101 11010001 10011001 0110110101 011011111 010110111 1011010101 100101001 111110111 01110101 0010010111 11110101 0101111010 011111010 110011101 1110101001 11011101 111011101 101111111 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 644
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, what, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Golden Gate;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.