This is an analysis of the poem Love's Vision that begins with:
At night in each other's arms,
Content, overjoyed, resting deep deep down in the darkness,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXXX baXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101 10101101110010 1010101101 1110111 1111001 111110011111110101 1001000100001010110100 10101010100101 001101011100110110100 1001001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; whom, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word whom is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Vision;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.