This is an analysis of the poem Song - Say, Lovely Dream that begins with:
Say, lovely dream, where couldst thou find
Shadows to counterfeit that face?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XcXc adad bebe fgfg hihi ajaj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011111 11010111 10001001 11010101 010011111 0110101 1010111 1111011 11010011 0010101 1010001 10111101 11011011 11100101 1011011 11000111 11110101 0010101 1110101 0110101 10110101 0111101 1000101 01010111 01010111 101111 1110001 110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song - Say, Lovely Dream;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.